DR. Joshua J. Matacotta
Dr. Matacotta trained as a clinical psychologist with an emphasis in health psychology and earned his doctorate at the California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco in 2012. He also holds a Certified Associate in Health Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) from the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS North America).
He completed his postdoctoral residency at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona's Student Health Center - Counseling and Psychological Services. Dr. Matacotta worked as a staff psychologist and assessment coordinator at California State University, Fullerton and as a research manager overseeing research and program evaluation at the Child Care Resource Center's Research Division in Los Angeles.
Dr. Matacotta's research focuses on social determinants of health, and the impact of stigma and discrimination on health, mental health, treatment engagement, and treatment adherence in sexual minorities.
- Quality of life and aging with HIV
- HIV TasP, adherence, patient engagement
- Behavioral Health/Behavioral Medicine
- Health information technology
- Interprofessional education and practice
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Society of Behavioral Medicine - SBM Champion
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)